If you are interested in attending Cambridge University in the UK for the class of 2021, apply for the Gates Cambridge University Scholarship 2021. Melinda Gates, wife of Microsoft founder Bill Gates, established the Bill and Melinda Gates Scholarship. A scholarship for a master’s degree and a doctorate is fully funded by the organization. United Kingdom Degree Program. Scholarship for International Students to Study in the UK. This program welcomes applicants regardless of their nationality
Gates Foundation Scholarship funded by the Bill & Melina Gates foundation. International students may study any subject in the UK studying with one of the 80 scholarships offered each year. The Gates scholarship also covers all costs. Furthermore, apply for fully funded scholarships for the 2021-2022 school year.
Master’s Degrees take two years, and Ph.D.’s take three years. Degrees take four years to earn. Students will take the course at Cambridge University. Graduate programs with a world-class reputation. Top-ranked university consistently. It was established in October 2000 to support students studying at Cambridge University in the United Kingdom.University of Cambridge receives 210 million dollars as donation from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2021 Details
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- University: Cambridge University
- Funded by: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Course Level: Ph.D., MSc/MLitt, Master Degree, Diploma
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 31 January 2022 (For International). 14th Oct 2021 (For USA Citizens)
Gates Scholarship Funding Opportunity
The whole cost of studying at Cambridge is covered by a Gates Cambridge Scholarship. It also adds to the amount of money available.
- University composition fee
- Single student maintenance allowance (£17,500 for 12 months)
- Return air fare for chosen candidates
- Inbound visa fees and the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic development money – for attending conferences and courses, ranging from £500 to £2,000, depending on the duration of your course.
- Family allowance: up to £10,120 for the first kid and £4,320 for the second.
- Fieldwork – as part of your PhD, you may request to maintain your usual maintenance allowance while on fieldwork (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity funding – you can request to take a break from your studies for up to 6 months while still receiving your maintenance allowance.
- Hardship funding – in case of unanticipated adversity.
NOTE: The Trust has the right to lower or not provide the normal maintenance allowance if you receive an income from an employment or have another major scholarship. If you receive any money for your degree, please notify the Trust as soon as possible.
About Gates Cambridge Scholarship
It was established in October 2000 to support students studying at Cambridge University in the United Kingdom. University of Cambridge received a 210-million-dollar donation from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. There has never been a larger donation to a university in the UK.
Every year, Gates Cambridge awards 80 full-fee scholarships to deserving students.
PhD students will be eligible for roughly two-thirds of the prizes, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 awards available in the international round.
At any one moment, there are at least 225 Scholars from 50 different countries studying in Cambridge, who are distributed across the university’s departments and Colleges, pursuing the entire range of topics available.
Duration of Degree
- Ph.D. Degree: 3 Year, 4 Year, 5 Year, 7 Year
- Master Degree: 1 Year, 2 Year
Courses that are not Scholarship
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
- You can Check About Departments from A to Z (Here)
Who Can Apply?
If you meet the following criteria, you can apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
If you are taking admission for:
- Postgraduate Course (Master)
- Any Nationality outside the UK,
- Outstanding intellectual ability
- reasons for the choice of course
- leadership potential
How to Apply for Gates Cambridge University Scholarship 2021 in UK
The whole application process takes place online. Online completion of all documents and application forms is required. To apply, go to the Bill and Melinda Gates Scholarship Program’s official website.